What do the MRCs do?
In collaboration with its partner countries, ICMPD has established and operates Migrant Resource Centres (MRCs) in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Iraq, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Tajikistan in order to help people make informed decisions when considering to migrate. They provide outgoing, intending and potential migrants with information on a broad range of migration-related challenges and opportunities.
How do they work?
A team of counsellors provides consultations in person, by phone and via other online platforms, and raises awareness of the benefits of safe and regular migration and the dangers and consequences of irregular migration. The MRCs are located in the capitals and/or major cities of the Silk Routes countries: Bangladesh, Iraq, and Pakistan, Tajikistan as well as a virtual centre for support and guidance of Afghans
What do they provide?
The Migrant Resource Centres strive to provide:
- Clear and understandable information to outgoing, intending and potential migrants on possibilities for safe, legal and orderly migration, as well as rules and regulations, including relevant pre-departure information.
- Pre-departure orientation (where applicable) and information on work and living conditions abroad, rights and obligations, access to protection mechanisms and information on return processes and referral to reintegration support upon return.
- Awareness raising of potential migrants and local communities on the risks, dangers and consequences of irregular migration.
- Information on return processes and referral to reintegration support upon return.
- Information on relocation and humanitarian aid programmes for Afghans
Are you currently in you home country in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan r Tajikistan and are planning to work abroad? Do you want to know how our MRCs could help you?
Please visit the dedicated website, which includes online training modules for migrants and migrant workers from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Iraq, Pakistan and Tajikistan.
FB Messenger and WhatsApp/Telegram/Viber: +93 79 959 9898
FB Messenger and WhatsApp/Telegram/Viber: +8801730666936 / +8801713086330
FB Messenger and WhatsApp/Telegram/Viber: +964 782 689 2128
FB Messenger and WhatsApp/Telegram/Viber: +92 300 0116671
FB Messenger and WhatsApp/Telegram/Viber: +992 37 231 27 11
Find out more on the ICMPD Silk Routes website: