What can you expect if you are irregularly in the country?
– Expressing intention to apply for asylum is followed by the issuance of the attestation form (“police paper”, “white paper”). The validity of the attestation form is 15 days. Be aware that you are at risk of expulsion if you don’t submit your request for asylum in the above-mentioned period;
– Register your address of stay. If you have decided to leave the camp or you are going to change your present address of stay, please be aware that you are at the risk of expulsion if you don’t do that properly. Leaving the present address without notification is interpreted as withdrawal from asylum procedures (it is perceived that you have left the country);
– Leaving the reception centre without announcement is leading to a cancellation of the hospitality and services provided by the Centre;
– In the case of expulsion, there is a possibility that you might be placed under surveillance (detention) in a “closed type camp”;
– Don’t risk becoming a smuggler or trafficker of human beings. Penalties for this category of a criminal offense could reach the maximum of imprisonment sanctions;
– If you are in debt and there is no possibility to repay the money, there is a huge risk of becoming a victim of human trafficking;
– You are criminally liable, no matter if you have identification documents or not. Don’t risk being arrested or punished for a criminal offense;
– Illegal border crossing is also a violation of law and you are under the risk to be returned to the country you came from or to be returned to Montenegro if you are trying to leave irregularly;
– Begging or illicit employment presents an offense and you are under the risk to be penalized for that kind of irregular work;
– Please respect the decisions of authorities and use legal ways to exercise your rights.